Saturday, October 25, 2008

touring the planet....


[Pic: Your intrepid reporter In amazing Lugano Switzerland, Oct 2008. And, once again, I'm not even on the Intrepid...]

Well i'm back I guess...

jeez....haven't blogged in quite a while..I guess not since the Russia dates this aug/sep....and certainly not to my old page "robotvomit.blogspot.com"....inna while. I discovered there was a band and all kinds of stuff with that stupid name,... and needing a site more in line with my upcoming tour-management page .... i thought I'd start again with a cooler name that I can't use up..

You can find the stuff I wrote/pictures i took at:

http://inherownwrite.blogspot.com/2008_08_01_archive.html

It's been fucking non-stop. After the amazing RUSSIA trip... I flew back to Chicago..one day off in a hotel nr the airport...and started a 3-week tour with the Derek Trucks band . It was awesome, we went from Chicago to the west coast - and one fly date in Canada. Gonna post some pictures with that sometime soon - some great guys , what a crew.

Derek -- awesome human being and WOW, he kicks sooo much ass on guitar, the master of slide. I really learned a lot there AGAIN about guitar. I've now tour managed for Al DiMeola, Adrian Belew and Derek Trucks... each MASTERS in their corner of guitar-worldness. I, um , better go practice!!

Then I was home for three weeks-- almost every waking second finishing up the advance work on THIS tour AND the december Australia dates..AND the up-coming Project Object dates with Ike Willis and Ed Mann. Check out our newly refurbished webpages.... under development as we speak...www.projectobject.com

Right Now (15 Oct - 05 nov 2008 ) I'm on tour again with the ADRIAN BELEW POWER TRIO, primarily Tour Managing but also Guitar Teching for Adrian and Julie Slick , his bass player. We're crisscrossing thru most of Western Europe, and a bit of Eastern....and it's a spectacular time to be here, just as autumn season is in full swing....

Right now I'm going thru some insane stuff in my personal life that needs some mental soothing and distraction therapy, and writing has usually been that for me, so I'll give it a try.

Another balm, a major therapeutic is of course...listening to music.... and when I'm travelling, I often play a little game where I try to listen to some music relevant or connected in SOME way to the locale I am in, or even just passing thru or flying over...

So here goes some random notes about what I consider some cool music, and the places that inspire their choices on my iPod...and some tales from the tour. It could be that i'm in a place someone is from...or has played recently. OR maybe a song title fits in with a city name, or it's an artist's birthday or anniversary of a great release. Almost any excuse!! But my travels are indelibly music-connected -- or course starting with the REASON I am usually in town anywhere -- the concert I am performing, or that of the artist I am working for.

So - thanks for stopping by and enjoy my ramblings if you would be so kind.

No comments: