Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Eddei Jobson.....UKZ

I'm at home a lot these days, which is great,.

playing a lot, working on sounds, an endless battle with your ears and the concept of objectivity vs subjectivity.....but always headed towards a simpler way to ..have tons of options.

Getting ready musically for a little Project/Object run (more on that later) , a very historic tour with our old buddy Ike Willis, but also Frank's original synth player Don Preston, and longest-running band member Ed Mann, who toured with us in November. This is the first time these three have toured together..... damn!!

But before that --- I have a project I am proud to be part of -- the upcoming debut of Eddie Jobson's new band -- UKZ !. I am helping Eddie on the planning side , setting up local production and generally "tour managing" as I often do, except this is for only ONE DAY instead of several weeks...

Tickets are already on sale -For more details Check out www.eddiejobson.com
For info on this new band check out www.ukzband.com

Click the song title for their first ever video for the new song: RADIATION

Otherwise -- hoping your 2009 is at least ....a chance to start some new projects.

We plan to be out again with Mr Belew in Mid APril - Stand by for dates!!

8 comments:

Dave (in MA) said...

Mr. C, any plans for the Boston area? We got screwed in November by GZ.

Michael said...

Hey Andre:

A Good friend of mine handed me two VHS tapes of a P/O show + Mike Keneally & BFD dated 7/21/98. I was wondering if you kept a gig list and could help me figure out where this show took place (name of venue and location). It's a really good video and it's a low generation copy. Tonight I transfered it to 2 DVDs. If you don't have this and would like a copy, Please email me and I'll be happy to send you a copy!

Any help with the location would be most appreciated!

Thanks! - I'm always looking forward to seeing P/O every time you come thru Philly!
- Michael

Lestatkatt @ aol DOT com

enpdllp said...

Andre:

Thanks for your detailed report of the UKZ concert in the Progressive Ears site. Could you tell which is the keyboard that Eddie had nearby the drum set?

Thanks in advance,
José

Anonymous said...

So, does this gig pay... danger money? :D

Joseph said...

Great show in Chicago (February 5th), it was my first time experiencing Project Object. A friend of mine introduced me to you guys a while back; he has some old footage with Napoleon Murphy Brock I’ve been trying to squeeze out of him for about a year. Anyway thanks for reminding me why I listen to this stuff.

Unknown said...

Is Project/Object coming to Maine?

Unknown said...

Are they coming to Portland, Maine they've been to Maine before!

CR Lindsey said...

Nice comment on NPR tonight, Andre. I agree with you, that you should be able to play Zappa's music. It's been 27 years since our freshman year at Rutgers. It was a treat to hear you on the radio.

Charles L.